Help Make Things Happen & Join a Committee
Appointments to these committees are made by the Executive Board following the OSFA’s Annual Convention and are on a request per member basis. When you want to do more than just be heard, join one of these committees and help us make things happen!
Our Standing Committees are:
- Safety & Health
- Educational Advisory
- Fire Services
We have additional Committees for:
- Financial Advisory
- Brent Hatcher Fund
- Memorial Fundraising
- Audio Visual Library
- Pete & Lela Stavros Foundation
Training resources and tools available to our membership include:
- Audio visual library
- Annual Statewide Fire School
- Convention Training Seminar
- Pension Seminars
Research that is continually being addressed by our committees, with the results shared with the members of the OSFA, has produced some of the following results and benefits:
- AG Opinions
- Apparatus Insuring
- NFPA qualifications
- Firefighter Safety
- In-Line-of-Duty Death Benefits
- Public Safety Officers Benefits
- Brent Hatcher Benevolent Fund
Inquiries & Consultation available for:
- Fire Department operations and management
- National-State-Local government agencies
- State Laws
- Pension and Retirement issues
Plus, Enjoy the General Membership Benefits:
- Lobbying for Pension benefits and Fire Service legislation are among the most important services you receive. This is conducted locally, statewide and at the national level.
- As a member, YOU can run to serve on the OSFA Executive Board during the annual convention. If you are elected at the convention by a statewide vote, you will have a seat on the State Pension Board, as well. All members of the Executive Board must be active members of the OSFA and of those, one must be a volunteer firefighter.
- In Line of Duty Death death benefit of $2,000 which is delivered for immediate relief to your family within 24 hours.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment benefit of $4,000.
- At the Volunteer Caucus, your voice and opinions are heard and passed on to the Executive Board.
- If you are an active member of the Brent Hatcher Fund, your family will receive a minimum of $1,000.00 within 72 hours of your death.
- Availability of specialty, state-issued, Firefighter license plates (either numbered or personalized) for your vehicle or motorcycle.
- Free Admission for firefighters and their families to the Oklahoma Firefighters Museum. It is the most comprehensive, member-held firefighter museum in the United States!
- Eligible for your name to be inscribed on the granite walls of the Oklahoma Fallen and Living Firefighters Memorial after 20 years of service or retirement with a disability.