The Oklahoma State Firefighters Association is accepting resumes for the position of Executive Director. The Executive Director will work under the direction of the five-member Executive Board. The Oklahoma State Firefighters Association has a membership of approximately 16,500 active and retired firefighters and the selected candidate would be expected to be able to interact in a positive manner with these members.
The Executive Director, under the direct supervision of the Executive Board, will oversee all operations of the Oklahoma State Firefighters Association, Firefighters Museum, Oklahoma Fallen and Living Firefighters Memorial, Oklahoma Retired Firefighters Association, an office staff of full-time and part-time employees, and coordinate with the Oklahoma Fire Chiefs Association and numerous other Boards and Commissions. The Executive Director will be ultimately responsible for directing, along with the Executive Board, the legislative agenda for the Association. Applicants for the position should have the following at a minimum:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Fire Service management experience
- Possess a current and valid Oklahoma driver’s license
- Oklahoma State Firefighters Association or Oklahoma Retired Firefighters Association membership.
- Associate’s degree (or better) in a related field
- Proficient at managing and creating up to million dollar budgets
- Proficient in computer skills – i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks, etc.
- Skilled at working in diversified and dynamic work situations
Preference will be given to a candidate who has Oklahoma Fire Service experience.
The starting salary range for this exempt position is $65,000 to $80,000 plus benefits, depending on qualifications.
Resumes must be emailed back to the attention of the OSFA Executive Director Search Committee at [email protected]. This position will not be filled prior to June of 2018 at the earliest.
Deadline for resume’ submission is Friday March 30, 2018 at 4:15 p.m.
The Oklahoma State Firefighters Association Executive Board has the right to reject all applications at anytime.